Friday, December 30, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls


Amidst the excess amount of overindulging that goes on during the holidays, who doesn't need an over-the-top, sugar-explosion of a breakfast to take your indulging to the next level?

I've been eyeing Pioneer Woman's (one of my new favorite people) cinnamon roll recipe for way too long to not have made them yet. After watching an episode of her show the other day featuring the scrumptiously sinful breakfast of my dreams, I absolutely had to give in to my ooey-gooey-buttery- sweet-maple craving.


The original recipe makes 8 pans of cinnamon rolls, and there was no way I was going to let myself have that many irresistible rolls in my house, so unless you have lots of people to give them to, I suggest quartering the recipe like I did.

A few alterations for next time:

  • Cut back on the sugar. The frosting is so sweet that I thought the sugar in the cinnamon rolls could have been reduced by about 1/3.
  • Cut down on butter. I found that I only needed about 2/3-3/4 of the amount of butter the recipe called for to spread over my dough.
  • Don't roll the dough out as long, instead roll it out wider. I was expecting gigantic mounds for cinnamon rolls, but instead got pretty small ones. Not to say they weren't just as tasty. 
  • *note- The recipe calls for 1 bag of powdered sugar to make the maple frosting. I took that to mean 2 lbs, and my frosting turned out just fine. 

Eat these right out of the oven with a cup of coffee and I'm sure they will become a staple breakfast for those mornings when you want an extra special treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment