Friday, August 12, 2011

A new twist on a classic-Berry Burst Ice Cream Oreo


While wandering the aisles of my local grocery store, I came upon this discovery: Berry Burst Ice Cream Oreos. I've always loved Oreos, artificial flavors and all, and although I rarely eat them anymore, I love discovering new flavors. I remember a happier time when bounties of different flavored Oreos were available on an everyday basis. Peanut butter chocolate, coffee creme, mint creme, and uh-oh, but now all I can seem to find are regular and golden. However, when a rare limited edition occasionally pops up, I'm sure to grab it while I have the chance (especially if they're pink).



At first, I couldn't get past the somewhat off-tasting berry flavors and wasn't able to put my finger on exactly what it reminded me of. But, after a moment, I realized it had the sweet, slightly chemical, nostalgic berry taste of Nesquik strawberry milk powder. I recall trying Oreo Strawberry Milkshake flavor last summer, similar to the berry burst, and liking it more. These are definitely Oreos kids will love. I only wish I could figure out where coffee creme and peanut butter went...bring them back, Nabisco!




No comments:

Post a Comment