Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweet and Refreshing Smoothies... Go Veggie


Marina Farms is one of my favorite local grocery stores of all time, and the fact that they have a deli next door serving up salads, sandwiches, soup, and most importantly, the best smoothies I've ever had in my entire life, gives me all the more reason to love them. Go Veggie is the perfect stop for a hot summer afternoon pick-me-up.

Unlike popular chain smoothie stores, Go Veggie uses only fresh fruit, creating simple yet sweet and refreshing smoothies. They serve a variety of different flavored smoothies, depending on what's ripe and ready for use at the market next door. A few that I've seen are strawberry, raspberry, cantaloupe, kiwi, and my favorites, white peach and mango. You can get them with vanilla ice cream, non-fat frozen yogurt, or juice and a frozen banana. I prefer the frozen yogurt because it really allows the flavor of the fruit to shine through while turning your smoothie into an almost milkshake-like indulgence, but with less guilt. I've tried a peach smoothie with orange juice and banana, but since peaches have such a mild flavor, all I could taste was the juice. If you're in the mood for something lighter and opt for the juice and banana combo, I recommend you choose a strong tasting fruit, so it's not overpowered by the other flavors.

I usually get a smoothie from Go Veggie after buying produce at Marina Farms, but it's so good, it's a destination all on its own.


Peach and Mango Smoothies. 

Go Veggie: 5462 S Centinela Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90066

No comments:

Post a Comment