Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bountiful Bowls at Cafe Yumm!


For a hungry, broke college student, Cafe Yumm! is one of the best options there is for cheap eats that actually taste good. Fresh and healthy ingredients make up their menu of bowls, sandwiches, and wraps, and with prices for a large sized bowl at only $6.75, you really can't go wrong.


So, what exactly is in a Yumm Bowl? Most bowls include brown or jasmine rice, some sort of beans, their signature Yumm sauce, and variety of toppings. I always opt out of the sour cream and cheese topping normally added to bowls in favor of red cabbage and carrots (just tell them to make your bowl vegan).


Lucky for me, there is a Cafe Yumm! located just a few blocks from my house, and I took the quick 5 minute trip over with some friends for dinner tonight. 


Tonight's bowls: Edamame (front). My favorite bowl (never even tried a different one) came with brown rice, edamame, shredded nori (seaweed), Yumm sauce, and their vegan toppings. I usually ask for sauce on the side because it's very strong and tends to overpower the rest of the flavors, and get a small size, unless I'm especially hungry then go for the medium. 
Original (back left). Brown rice, black beans, salsa, Yumm sauce and the deluxe toppings. 
Jazzy (back right). Jasmine Rice, red beans, salsa, Yumm sauce, and deluxe toppings. 


A close up of their deluxe toppings, which don't cost any extra like the name may suggest. Avocado, olives, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and tomatoes. Salsa is only included in a few of their bowls. 

Leaving satisfied from my meal costing less than $5, Cafe Yumm! will always be one of my go-to picks for an affordable, tasty dinner. 

Cafe Yumm!: 1801 Willamette St. #140 Eugene, OR 97401 

No comments:

Post a Comment