Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This College Girl Cooks: Yogurt Parfait


My daily yogurt, fruit, and cereal parfait has become one of my greatest pleasures in life, and it's a rare occasion when I don't start out my morning with this quick and healthy breakfast. I guess this doesn't really count as cooking, more just throwing things together in a bowl, but for the purpose of my blog, let's just say it does.

Yogurt, cereal, and fresh fruit are a staple in most kitchens and if not, are available in any supermarket or even mini mart, so this is a great meal for those with a minimalist approach to food and grocery shopping. My favorite yogurt is Trader Joe's French Village strawberry nonfat yogurt which I always have a stockpile of in my fridge so there never comes a morning when I wake up to find that I am unable to have my all time favorite breakfast. I usually include strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries but having just moved in to my new townhouse, I've been getting by with only strawberries. I'm not a big cereal with milk eater, so I like to have one or two boxes of cereal that I think taste best in my yogurt parfaits, my favorites being Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Trader Joe's Bran Flakes. 


Yogurt Parfait

1 container of your favorite yogurt
a handful of your favorite berries and fruit
approx. 1/3 cup cereal or granola


Empty yogurt into a bowl (a cute polka dot one if you have it). Cut fruit and add on top of yogurt. Sprinkle on cereal, and there you have a deliciously sweet and simple start to your day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment