Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Scream for Sweet Rose Creamery


Brentwood Country Mart's Sweet Rose Creamery is a west side summer staple. Created by Josh Loeb and Zoe Nathan, the same owners as Huckleberry Cafe (one of my favorite places EVER), this gourmet ice cream shop has countless fresh, seasonal, and creamy ice cream treats unlike any other. You can really taste the care put into every flavor, making it some of the best ice cream around.


Their menu of unique and delicious flavors: Fresh Mint Chip, Salted Caramel, Basil, Stout, Summer Corn, and Peaches and Cream, to name a few.



Display case of sundaes, ice cream sandwiches, cakes, and other ice cream treats. The sundaes remind me of Japanese parfait, probably because of their amazing Japanese ice cream chef, Shiho Yoshikawa.  

Our scoops: summer corn, salted caramel, and strawberry. 


This was my first experience with corn ice cream, and it tasted exactly like sweet creamy corn. It was tasty and a favorite of many, but I prefer my corn on the cob. The salted caramel ice cream had a strong burnt caramel sugar taste and was loaded with salt, so you definitely got the salty-sweet taste you asked for.


Strawberry, a classic, and my favorite of the three flavors. Sweet and refreshing, I felt like I had just bought a basket of strawberries from the farmers market! 

I also had samples of their nicely strong and dark coffee ice cream, and the fresh mint chip, which tasted like they picked a handful of mint leaves from the garden and steeped them into the ice cream base, resulting in vibrant, summery ice cream perfection. 

Sweet Rose Creamery: Brentwood Country Mart 225 26th St. Suite 51. Santa Monica, CA 90402

No comments:

Post a Comment